In a forest, a pregnant deer is about to give birth. She finds a remote grass field near a strong flowing river. This seemed a safe place.
Suddenly labor pains begin.
At the same moment, dark clouds gather around above and lightning starts a forest fire. She looks to her left and sees a hunter with his bow extended pointing at her. To her right, she spots a hungry lion approaching her.
What can the pregnant deer do? She is in labor!
What will happen?
* Will the deer survive?
* Will she give birth to a fawn?
* Will the fawn survive?
* Will everything be burnt by the forest fire?
* Will she perish to the hunters' arrow?
* Will she die a horrible death at the hands of the hungry male lion approaching her?
She is constrained by the fire on the one side and the flowing river on the other and boxed in by her natural predators.
What does she do?
She focuses on giving birth to a new life.
The sequence of events that follows are......
* Lightning strikes and blinds the hunter.
* He releases the arrow which zips past the deer and strikes the hungry lion.
* It starts to rain heavily, and the forest fire is slowly doused by the rain.
* The deer gives birth to a healthy fawn.
In our life too, there are moments of choice when we are confronted on all sides with negative thoughts and possibilities. Some thoughts are so powerful they overcome us and overwhelm us.
Maybe we can learn from the deer. The priority of the deer, in that given moment, was simply to give birth to a baby.
The rest was not in her hands and any action or reaction that changed her focus would have likely resulted in death or disaster.
Keep your focus..... In the midst of the storm!